Monday, May 21, 2012

Animals in touch

Happy Monday everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Mine was filled with animal massage. Large and small. It was nice to be outside in the wonderful weather. Working with animals keeps me grounded. Watching them respond to massage is absolutely magical. Watching the relief after massage therapy is even more magical.

I truly believe that working with animals has been the single biggest asset to being a massage therapist. Removing the language communicator allows me to really "feel" the tissue and sense the change during a massage. Even to the smallest degree. But even more than an acute awareness of touch is the awareness of energy and intention that takes place in a massage. I can often tell where the change in the soft tissue will take place before it begins to yield. I can feel the slightest differences by just running my hands down the spine. It's that intuitive awareness that keep clients coming back. It's that sense of change that facilitates healing.

I welcome you all to breathe and facilitate your own change.

Massage Therapy Olympia
Wendy C Music, LMP
(360)868-7047

1 comment: